This applies to www.edwinamackinnon.studio, a website which acts as an online portfolio and artwork sales for Edwina Mackinnon.
What personal information do I collect from the people that
visit my website?
When ordering or commenting on my site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do I collect information?
I collect information from you when you register on my site, place an order, subscribe
to a newsletter, browse the website or enter information on my site using a comment
or contact form.
How do I use your information?
I may use the information I collect from you in the following ways ~
• to personalise your experience and to allow me to deliver the type of content and
product offerings in which you are most interested
• to improve my website in order to better serve you
• to allow me to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
• to quickly process your transactions
• to send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services
• to follow up after with correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
• visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How do I protect your information?
My website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities
in order to make your visit to my site as safe as possible. Your personal information
is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
How long do I keep your information?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This
is so I can recognise and approve any follow~up comments automatically. Customer purchase records are kept for a minimum of 6 years to comply with legal requirements.
What rights do you have over your data?
If you have an account on my site, or have left comments, you can request to receive
an exported file of the personal data I hold about you, including any data you have provided to me. You can also request that I erase any personal data I hold about you.
This does not include any data I am obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or
Do I use ‘cookies’?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your
computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s
or service provider’s systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information. They are also used to help me understand your preferences based
site interaction so that I can offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
While you visit my site, I’ll track
• products you’ve viewed: I’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve
• location, IP address and browser type: I’ll use this for purposes like estimating
taxes and shipping
• shipping address: I’ll ask you to enter this so I can, for instance, estimate
shipping before you place an order, and send you the order.
• help remember and process the items in the shopping cart
• understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent,
or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings.
Since every browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn
the correct way to modify your cookies. If you leave a comment on my site you may
opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave
another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you visit my login page,
I will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This
cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, I will also set up several cookies to save your login information
and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If users disable cookies in their browser
If you turn cookies off it will turn off some of the features of the site.
I do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your
Personally Identifiable Information.
Occasionally, I may include or offer third~party products or services on my website. These third~party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. I therefore
have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, I seek to protect the integrity of my site and welcome any feedback
about these sites.
I use Google Analytics cookies to help me understand how visitors use the website.
Does my site allow third~party behavioural tracking?
It’s also important to note that I allow third~party behavioural tracking (Facebook pixel). I do not specifically market to children under 13 years years of age.
I collect your email address in order to
• send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
• send you additional information related to your product and/or service
• market to my mailing list or continue to send emails to my clients after the
I agree to
• not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses
• identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
• include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
• monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used
• honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
• allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can
email me at email@example.com or follow the instructions at the
bottom of each email and I will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
the following information ~
38 The Oaklands
Droitwich WR9 8AD
Last edited on 19/07/2021